top of page
section header .png

Emergency Contacts

Emergency numbers


NHS 111:

24hours a day, 365 days a year, confidential medical help or advice. Call 111, or see their website here

Police (non-emergency):

Contact the police non-emergency 101 number.


Report anti-social behaviour to:

·    West Yorkshire Police here

·    Wakefield and District Housing here

·    Wakefield Council here

Wakefield Council:

Call 0345 8506 506, or see their website here






24-hour emergency service and supply failures only: 0845 733 1331



24-hour emergency service and gas repair only: 0800 111 999


Yorkshire Water:

24-hour emergency service: 0845 124 24 24


Flood line:

0845 988 1188


Support services


Benefits support:

Help at the Hub was created to help people deal with the impact of coronavirus on things like jobs, money and wellbeing. Find out more here

Debt advice:

National Debt line. Call 0808 808 4000 or see their website here

Disability information and advice:

DIAL. Call 01977 723 933, or see their website here

Employment rights:

ACAS. Call 0300 1231100 or see their website here

Foreign travel advice:

Foreign and Commonwealth Office. See their website here

General advice on most issues:

Citizens' Advice. Call 03444 111 444 or see their website here

Legal issues:

I am unable to intervene in legal matters and urge you to contact a solicitor if you need legal advice. You can read information on finding free or affordable legal help here

bottom of page