top of page
section header  v2.png

Individual Issues

The first thing to check is that you are one of my current Wakefield constituents. You can do this by entering your postcode here.


(You can still ask me for my views and position on an issue in my capacity as a parliamentary candidate  if you fall under the new Wakefield and Rothwell constituency. Read more about that here.)

Issues I can help with

I am able to help constituents with the following issues:

I can support constituents by:

  • Writing to the Minister with responsibility for the department concerned

  • Asking an official for an explanation of why a decision has been made

  • Asking for a decision to be reviewed

So that I can help, you will need to:

  • Provide your full name

  • Provide your full postal address including post code

  • Provide a contact telephone number and an email address if you have one

  • Provide your national insurance number

  • Enclose copies of any supporting documents (please do not enclose originals)

I will contact you to let you know what action I have taken and to advise you of the outcome of my enquiries. If you continue to be unhappy with a decision or issues raised, you may be able to refer your case to the relevant Ombudsman. I will include information on any further action you can take when I contact you.

Help with council issues

Issues relating to services provided by the Local Authority, Wakefield Council need to be raised with the relevant council department or your local councillor in the first instance.   

This includes:

  • Housing and council tax

  • Anti-social behaviour

  • Highways and roads

  • Planning

  • Bins and littering

  • School placements

  • Adults' and children’s social services

You can find out who your councillor is by entering your post code here.

You can find out more about council services here.

Further sources of advice

You can find a list of emergency numbers here.

You can find specific cost of living advice here.


bottom of page